Reference Number: HSET17300
Position: Divisional Head: Human Settlements Implementation
Department: Human Settlement
Salary: R1 040 497 – R1 300 000 per annum (TCTC)
Key performance areas:
- Manage the Implementation Division of the Department and ensure effective planning, budgeting and implementation of all projects and programmes of the Division
- Ensure funding and resource optimisation and enhancement through effective strategic management of programme and project resources and capacity
- Effectively manage and drive the programmes, projects and budget of the Division and ensure projects are implemented and funds are spent as per the plans, timeframes and quality standards agreed to
- Identify, assess and manage governance, risk and compliance practices and processes related to the Division
- Prepare and deliver detailed projects and programmes monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports in line with applicable legal prescripts
- Manage programme and project policy, planning and technical administrative capabilities
- Define management and control criteria to ensure efficient programme and project monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ensure that benefits of programmes and projects are delivered through critical assessment of project effectiveness and facilitation of change
- Ensure optimal resourcing of programmes, monitor and ensure effective financial management and control
- Ensure that targets, outputs and outcomes of the human settlements programmes and projects are delivered and achieved timeously
- Drive a culture of client, community and citizen service excellence
- Drive a culture of excellence in the Division
- Lead and manage teams and ensure effective performance management of all employees in the Division
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Human Settlements, Housing or the Built Environment, which may include but are not limited to Civil Engineering, Planning and/or other Built Environment disciplines
- A track record of excellence in programme and project management in human settlements development and/or the built environment and/or construction
- 8 years’ relevant management experience in the human settlements and housing and/or built environment, of which at least 4 years must have been at Senior Management level
- Strategic leadership skills
- Knowledge of relevant policy, legislation, regulations and compliance applicable to human settlements, construction and housing
- Operational financial management skills
- Excellent human resource and performance management expertise
- Knowledge and information management skills
- Risk management skills
- Proficiency in construction programme and project policy development and implementation expertise and quality management
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to build trusting relationships with all stakeholders both within and outside of the Municipality
- The ability to confidently develop and present information
- Operational infrastructure planning and reporting skills
- Entrepreneurial, developmental and problem-solving attitude and thinking with a commitment to the development goals and outcomes of the Municipality
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s and application form obtainable from our website (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) and copies of qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Tel: Natasja Havenga (011) 999 6356. Please quote reference number on application.
Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it within 18 months, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Appointments will be made on a 5 (five) year fixed term and will be subject to the signing of an employment contract, performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest. Candidates will be subjected to relevant competency assessment as well as security clearance / vetting processes.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2018/06/21