At the Gauteng Department of Economic Development we believe that people are our greatest asset and the key ingredient of our success. We are clear that to move forward and prosper in this challenging environment, we must employ people that share our vision and our values.
- DOG’S Office (1) – Requirements: BCom. Honours in Economics
- Chief Directors Office (1) – Requirements: Bachelor of Commerce
- Manufacturing (1) – Requirements: B. Degree with Economics / Development Studies / Development Economics / Industrial Policy
- Tertiary Service (1) – Requirements: BCom in Economics / Finance
- Primary Resource (5) – Requirements: B. Degree in Economics / Development StudiesMining (1) Agro Processing (1) Construction (1), Creative Industries (1) Furnishers (1)
- Inclusive Economy (2)- Requirements: B. Degree in Economics
- Budget Management (1) – Requirement: National Diploma / Degree in Management Accounting / National Certificate VocationaL (Level 4)
- Financial Reporting / Accounts Payable (2)- Requirements: BCom Accounting / Accounting Science
- Supply Chain (2) – Requirements: National Diploma / B. Degree in Transport Management / Fleet Management
Communications (2) – Requirements: National Diploma / B. Degree in Communication or Public Relations / Events Management
- Risk Management (1) – Requirements: National Diploma in Auditing / Risk Management / Accounting
- Information Communication Technology (2) – Requirements: National Diploma / Degree in Information Technology
- Human Capital Management (6) -Requirements: ND / Degree in Social Work / Social Science / Nursing or Sports Science or Exercise. Nutrition and Wellness Degree / Diploma in Exercise and Fitness or Human Resource Management / Industrial Psychology or Labour Relations or Records Management and Archives
- Records Management (1)- Requirements: Degree / National Diploma in Library and Information Science or Degree in Information Science
- OHS (1) – Requirements: National Diploma / Degree in Environmental Health / Safety Management
- Contracts Management (1) – Requirements: Degree / N: Dip Build Environment Category OR Construction Law
- Building and Facilities Management (1) – Requirements: National Diploma in Real Estate / Property Management
- Inter-governmental Relations (2) – Requirements: BA Social Administration- Public Administration, Developmental Studies / BA- Legal-Constitutional Law
- Inter-governmental Relations / Special Projects (2) – Requirements: BA / B Hons / Masters: Social Science / Political Science / Sociology / International Relations & BA (General: Must have studied Research Methodologies
- Corporate Governance (2) – Requirements: National / Degree in Governance / Public Administration
- Consumer Education and Stakeholder Relation (2) – Requirements: Degree / Higher Diploma in Education / Communications / Degree / National Diploma in Public Relations
- Consumer Complaints and Investigation (2) – Requirements: Diploma / Degree / LLB / B Proc / Paralegal (NQF 16)
- Client Relations Management (3) – Requirements: National Diploma / B. Degree in Public Relations / Training Management / Research and Knowledge Management
- Registration and Licensing (1) – Requirements: Legum Baccaterues (LLB)
- Board Secretariat (1) – Requirements: National Diploma / B. Degree in Public Administration / Legum Baccalerues
Applications are invited from unemployed Gauteng graduates only, aged between 18 and 35 years who have completed a minimum of a National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields as Indicated above. Interns will receive a monthly stipend of R5353.77pm in accordance with their highest qualification at the time of appointment. Applicants who have already participated in any Government Internship Programme, have been previously employed or are currently employed will not be considered. Should it be found after appointment that this was the case, the contract will be terminated with immediate effect.
How to apply
Application must be submitted on a signed Z83 Form (download here) and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications (including Matric Certificate), academic records and a certified copy of the identity document. Failure to provide documents will disqualify applicants. Applicants must clearly indicate the area they are apply for on the Z83 Form. A separate application should be submitted for each study field of interest. No late submission will be considered. Unless indicated otherwise, the internship opportunities are based in Johannesburg. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have international qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAGA). All qualifications will be subjected to verification. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The Gauteng Department of Economic Development is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NB: IT should be noted that this is not a permanent employment but an opportunity for unemployed graduates to acquire relevant experience. Preference will be given to Gauteng graduates.
Application to be hand delivered at the Gauteng Department of Economic Development at 94 Main Street Marshalltown only.
Enquiries: MS Aletta Mashile (011) 355 8045