ADVERT REFERENCE NO: 15032018SRC
Purpose of the Job: The Specialist: Research & Development is responsible to support and drive current and future value adding research campaigns that address RAF’s business needs and improve customer experience.
Key Performance Areas
- Identify research gaps within the organisation to address business needs.
- Conduct in-house research where appropriate.
- Gather market intelligence.
- Brand Management.
- Project management on research projects.
- Management of relationship with research agency partner.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) qualification in Research, Marketing Social Sciences, Commerce, Science or Psychology,
- Relevant 5 years’ experience within the marketing, communication and business research environment of which 2 years must have been on an area of expertise.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Organisational resilience
- Team resilience
- Network and alliances
- Personal mastery
- Judgment and decision making
- Emotional wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Ability to work independently as well as within cross functional teams.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in an innovative format so others can understand.
- Working knowledge of statistical modelling and tools including SA or SPSS software.
- Knowledge and understanding of the marketing process and branding concepts.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to derive market/consumer insights.
- Experience in translating derived market/consumer insights into marketing strategies (henceforth marketing initiatives).
- Knowledge of and experience in all facets of market research e.g. ethnographic research, qualitative or quantitative surveys.
- Experience within a business environment.
- Be able to provide research information to all departments within the organisation.
- Be able to present research findings to management in an understandable manner.
- Training in business writing skills, statistical modelling and interpretation, project management, reporting and stakeholder relations management.
- Computer skills.
- Project Management.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R591 298.00 per annum, negotiable.
Closing date: 23 October 2018
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades; email address is Ziyandam.firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful