ADVERT REFERENCE NO: DCM26102018CPT
Purpose of the Job: The incumbent will be responsible for the management of the direct claims function ensuring the efficient and effective administration, coordination and determination of direct claims. Provide and exceptional internal and external customer experience through operational efficiency and stakeholder management.
Key Performance Areas
- Direct Claims Management
- Human Resources Management
- Customer Relations Management
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 7 Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) in Law qualification.
- NQF 8 (Post Graduate Diploma/Honours Degree/Professional qualification Degree) will be advantageous.
- Relevant 6 – 8 working experience in a claims environment of which 2 years must have been at a manager/ supervisory level.
- Proven experience in Human Resources/ General Management as well as reporting.
- Understanding of financial and risk management
- Exposure in claims processing environment.
- Experience and/or understanding of performance management system.
- Proven experience in a customer services environment.
- Strong knowledge of claims adjudication theory, principles, methods, systems, processes and standards
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership
- Results orientation
- Business and financial acumen
- Brand and stakeholder orientation
- Organisational resilience
- Team resilience
- Network and alliances
- Talent management
- Change management
- Thorough knowledge of the claims procedure and policies
- High attention to detail and analytical skills
- Motivation and coaching skills
- Decision making skills
A total cost to company of minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R766 887.00 per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
Closing date: 06 November 2018
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at the RAF, Cape Town branch; e-mail address is CPTRecruitment@raf.co.za OR hand delivered to 2nd Floor, Correspondence Department, 1 Thibault Square, Long Street, Cape Town.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short cv with a maximum of 5 pages
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful