ADVERT REF NO: 261102018MIS
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Senior Manager: ICT Information Security, risk and Governance, the successful incumbent will be accountable to ensure the confidentiality, Integrity, security and availability of the RAF’s resources (Applications and IT infrastructure) through the implementation of security tools and administration; ensure that the risks pertaining to IT assets are identified and risk mitigation strategies in place; Design and develop operational security policies for IT units and Ensure the compliance of IT units to the security policies by creating awareness of Security across ICT department and the RAF and ensure the security assurance by facilitating periodic and adhoc IT assessments and vulnerability tests.
Key Performance Areas
- Hold periodic review of the policies and processes.
- Hold periodic review meetings with service managers on the roadblocks for the implementation of security policies and get the feedback from managers.
- Keep abreast of latest security technologies.
- Review security administration area for completeness in terms of areas covered and level of security controls.
- Classify the IT Assets based on security importance.
- Ensure compliance and monitoring of Security policies and guidelines.
- Review the vulnerability testing process.
- Review the design of awareness activities and events and sign-off for implementation.
- Design the effectiveness survey and tests to measure the effectiveness of the awareness programmes carries out.
- Develop the risk mitigation strategies for each of the identified risk.
- Facilitate the interaction of security team members and various it service areas.
- Develop the budget for awareness programme, audits and implementation of new security control technologies etc.
- Prepare periodic reports for senior management on compliance and awareness levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma @NQF Level 7 in Information Security qualification or related.
- CISSP/CISA/CISM Certification.
- PMP Certification.
- ITIL Foundation.
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in information security environment of which 2 years must have been on supervisory level.
- Experience in applying security control standards.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Results orientation.
- Business And financial acumen.
- Brand and stakeholder orientation.
- Organisational resilience.
- Communication skills.
- Team orientation.
- Network and alliances.
- Talent management.
- Change management.
- Microsoft Office Product Suite – such as, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of The Latest Information Security Issues.
- Knowledge of Project Management Skills.
- Security and Privacy Best Practices.
- Analytical Thinking.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R911 075.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 06 November 2018
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades; email address is Patiencem.firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within four weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful