ADVERT REFERENCE NO: OSCM02112018JHB
Purpose of the Job: The Officer SCM is accountable to deliver effective and efficient procurement of goods and services (new requirements; contracted and non-contracted) on time and in line with sourcing requirements. In addition, the incumbent will support the RAF procurement objectives and targets through compliance to strategy and application of policies and procedures as well as manage the process of travel within RAF in conjunction with the appointed service provider.
Key Performance Areas
- Procurement of quality goods and services at best possible price.
- Analyse subsistence and travel processes.
- Monitor performance management as per service level agreement.
- Monitor, review and manage compliance to the relevant policy, procedure and terms of references and other regulations governing SCM operations.
- Records management for audit process.
- Promote strong customer service orientation and delivery.
Qualification & Experience
- NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) in Finance/Supply Chain Management /Procurement.
- Relevant 3 years ‘experience in Procurement/Supply Chain Management.
- Working experience with the SAP Procurement module or similar ERP system.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) would be advantageous.
Technical and behavioural competencies required
- Ms Office computer literacy.
- Knowledge of corporate governance, SCM governance and regulations/laws as well as other regulatory requirements including the PFMA.
- Knowledge on procurement/sourcing practices and principles and service level agreement frameworks.
- Detailed working knowledge of the PPPFA, supply chain regulations from National Treasury and BBBEE.
- Ability to ensure all governance and compliance requirements are met with the aim to eliminate potential inappropriate and corrupt practices.
- Solution and deadline oriented with the ability to manage bottlenecks effectively.
- Strong administration skills.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships.
- Personal Mastery.
- Ethics and Governance.
- Customer Orientation and Customer Focus.
A total cost to company of minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is R349 998.00
per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
Closing date: 13 November 2018
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer; successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs“.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short cv with a maximum of 5 pages
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FORWARDED FOR ATTENTION OF THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT email@example.com OR Hand delivered at 28th Floor, corner Jeppe and Von Wielligh Streets, Johannesburg.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to people from previously disadvantaged groups.
Prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful.