ADVERT REFERENCE NO: 02112018SAA
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Manager: Actuarial the successful incumbent’s responsibility is to support the Manager to manage and provide actuarial service advice to the RAF business.
Key Performance Areas
- Assist in valuation of outstanding claims provisions.
- Assist with producing the valuation report.
- Develop and manage Funding Model.
- Provide monthly claims statistics for management reporting.
- Model regulatory Solvency Capital Requirement and provide technical actuarial information for FSB reporting.
- Assist with investigating the mortality and morbidity experience to help in setting the quotation of loss of earnings and loss of support benefits.
- Assist with expense investigation for the company budgeting purposes.
- Oversee that the actuarial investigation results are correctly interpreted and applied.
- Assist with analysis and projections for road accident and injuries.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma @ NQF Level 7 related qualification in Actuarial Science/ Mathematics.
- At least 4 professional actuarial exam passes/ exemptions or a minimum of four years’ work experience in an Actuarial environment.
- Relevant 3 – 7 years’ work experience in an Actuarial environment of which 3 years must have been in short term or motor vehicle accident.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership skills.
- Results orientation.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Brand and stakeholder orientation.
- Organisational resilience.
- Communication skills.
- Team resilience.
- Network and alliances.
- Talent management skills.
- Change management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Access and MS Word skills.
- Complex problem identification, solving and decision making.
- Sound actuarial judgment.
- Strong technical background in reserving/ valuations.
- Independent and creative analysis of business results.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and data manipulation skills.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R668 907.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 13 November 2018.
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades; email address is SboneloN.email@example.com OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
1. Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
2. Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
3. Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
4. Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful