ADVERT REFERENCE NO: 22102018SFI
Purpose of the Job: The Senior Forensic Investigator is accountable for strategic, operational, financial, management and technical leadership to the Forensic Department, to develop plans and implement processes and investigation techniques, manage risks and liaise with internal/ external stakeholders pertaining to RAF matters.
Key Performance Areas
- Planning and coordinating the investigation of cases as assigned to by respective management.
- Drawing of monthly/ weekly plans and reports for the section for transmission to the manager.
- Maintain healthy working relationship with law enforcement agencies, NPA and Forensic Department investigation working partners or stakeholders.
- Involvement in internal and external fraud prevention campaigns initiated by Forensic Department or in conjunction with other RAF departments.
- Implement current fraud prevention strategy.
- Establish and maintain strategic alliances with all relevant stakeholders including law enforcement agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF Level 7(Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) related qualification in Law/Accounting/Police administration.
- Valid driver’s License (Code B or above)
- Relevant 5 – 7 years’ experience in fraud investigation environment of which 2 years must have been on Manager/Supervisory level or area of expertise.
- Experience in understanding of the criminal procedure act on law of evidence.
- Experience in investigation of crime and knowledge of criminal justice system.
- Experience in preparation of court cases for court.
- Experience and proven track record of testifying in a court of law.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Results orientation.
- Business and financial acumen
- Brand and stakeholder orientation.
- Organisational resilience.
- Team resilience
- Network and alliances
- Talent Management.
- Change Management.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R668 907.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 06 November 2018
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at the RAF, Cape Town branch; e-mail address is CPTRecruitment@raf.co.za OR hand delivered to 2ndFloor, Correspondence Department, 1 Thibault Square, Long Street, Cape Town.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful